Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ardbeg 10-Year Review


Ardbeg 10 Year Islay Single Malt


I'd been circling around Ardbeg for some time, eyeing it on the list at the Sapphire Hotel, eyeing it on the shelf while walking to the register with my Blanton's... Finally I grabbed a bottle- and have been delighted with what I found.  The 10-year is a big, smoky whisky, though not as muscular as Laphroaig.  I find, like most Islays, it benefits from a few drops of cold water.

tasting notes
 
nose: Salty maritime hit over cedarwood campfire; seaweed, black pepper and apple cider; a leatherbound chair in a library of old books

palate: Round heathery honey and cloves, lavender flowers and calvados, long dry outro of beeswax and saddle leather, with peppery smoke on the finish

No comments:

Post a Comment